Our team of moms inspire, encourage, support, inform, and simply share this journey of motherhood we’re all navigating together. We are moms of all ages, with kids in every stage, who have a mission and passion to connect moms in our community on and offline.
We want to expand our team to represent a wide variety, including Latina and African American mamas, baby-wearing and stroller mamas, moms of teens, twins, toddlers, all boys, all girls, mix of the two, only one child, and adoptive moms; downtown, suburban, and rural moms; single, married, crunchy, traditional moms, and more.
Being a part of our team gives you the chance to connect with others, share motherhood, and utilize your professional skill sets.
Maybe you’re working full-time but need something for YOU.
Maybe you work from home but need to get out a bit.
Or maybe you’re a stay-at-home-mom and missing that professional part of life you once had.
Whatever your talents, passions or previous experience, there is a place for YOU!
We are looking for volunteer writers. See application details below.
Application deadline is November 4.
- Your passion for moms, kids, and the greater Des Moines area
- Your unique, fun, and transparent perspective
- Reliability, team spirit, flexibility, and a great attitude
- Your presence at DMM events and outings
- Your passions, talents, and skills
- Availability for team meetings and events
- One year commitment, beginning January 2022
What You GET…
- New connections, new friendships, and an amazing experience!
- Your name, professional headshot, and profile included on our Team Member page
- Social and direct networking with a huge community of moms (and kids) in Central Iowa
- VIP Early Access to DMM events plus free admission (when applicable)
- Community recognition
- A chance to utilize your personal and professional skill sets
- Team meetings at local venues and invitations to other special events
- Access to our Team Facebook group and other internal communications and resources
Where do you fit in?
1. See the description below for duties and requirements.
2. Fill out the questionnaire at the bottom of the post.
3. See “How to apply” section under each role for additional requirements.
This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks in exchange for your time and energy.
- Provide a minimum of one original post per month on the topic of your choice (within the brand and mission of DMM)
- Find and create images to include in posts
- Work closely with editor to meet monthly deadlines
- Opportunity to test out products and/or services for review as they become available to DMM
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal)
- Basic knowledge of WordPress, SEO, hyperlinks, etc. preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Professional grammar
- Creativity and insightful in developing content that resonates with and encourages fellow moms and other caregivers
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
- Represent Des Moines Mom in a positive and professional manner at all times
How to Apply
- Complete the Questionaire below
- Send a sample post of original content that shows your voice as a Des Moines Mom ranging from 500-800 words to [email protected] with subject line “Writer Application.”