The YESS Duck Derby, presented by Bob Brown Auto, is back for its 9th year as the most spec-quack-ular event in Central Iowa. You are invited to “adopt a duck” to help kids in our community, then join the fun on Saturday, May 7 at the Jordan Creek Town Center. Proceeds of this family-fun event support the thousands of children who count on Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS) each year.
The fun starts at noon, when you can enjoy free family-friendly entertainment including the following:
- Food samples from Jordan Creek-area restaurants
- Hands-on opportunities for kids to check out machinery, construction trucks, and emergency vehicles
- Special appearances from Quacky and other crazy characters
- Live performances
- The duck cannon and other duck-themed activities
- Activity booths and handouts from event partners
- Duck-themed hats, shirts, necklaces, and other gear available for purchase
- Inflatables, games, crafts, and other outdoor activities for kids of all ages
At 2:00 p.m., the thousands of “adopted” yellow rubber ducks will race through the lake, all vying to cross the finish line first and be named Top Duck. You can adopt your ducks and cheer them on to victory and the chance to win fantastic prizes, including $10,000 cash! The full list of prizes is available at YESSDuckDerby.org, or check out their FAQ page for all the ducky details.
Adopt a Duck. Help a Child.
Your duck adoption helps kids in our community find shelter, safety, and care when they need it most.
- Adopt a Duck (1) – $5.00
- Adopt a “Six Quack” (6) – $25.00
- Adopt a “Quackers Dozen” (12) – $50.00
- Adopt a “Flock” (25) – $100.00
As Iowa’s largest provider of emergency services for youth — newborn through age 17 — YESS touches the lives of 2,000 children per year through a range of programs designed to keep kids safe and help families thrive. YESS’s network of services include Iowa’s largest and most comprehensive youth shelter as well as crisis nursery care, crisis intervention and stabilization, mental health counseling, and care coordination. Learn more about how YESS connects kids with brighter futures by visiting YESSIowa.org.