Baking is one of my favorite things to do, and my four-year-old loves to help too. It’s a great winter activity when you’re stuck inside. (Although it usually ends with a huge mess).
Luckily, these chocolate chip, M&M heart-shaped Valentine’s Day cookies are super quick, easy, and pretty mess-free! And so so gooey and delicious.
Valentine’s Day Cookies
*1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
*1 cup granulated sugar
*1 cup light brown sugar
*2 large eggs
*1 large egg yolk (this helps the bars stay chewy and soft)
*2 tsp vanilla extract
*3 cups all-purpose flour
*1 tsp baking soda
*1 tp cornstarch
*1 tsp kosher salt
*1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
*1 1/2 cups M&M’s (we used these Valentine colored ones!)
*Heart-shaped cookie cutter (or any Valentine cookie cutter you prefer! We used these.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. I lined a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. (It makes for easy cleanup. You can also use foil.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars until well blended. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and kosher salt until just combined. Then comes the best part. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Next, press cookie dough into your baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out your heart shapes!
7. Eat. Them. All. Enjoy!
*recipe adapted from here