My Favorite Features of the Nissan Pathfinder:
- The third row seat gives plenty of room for my two kiddos and any other kiddos that are tagging along.
- With the third row seat up there isn’t a ton of room in the “trunk” area. However, there is storage space under the trunk area that gives plenty more room to store whatever you need.
- If you don’t have a need for that third row – it folds down flat to allow for that additional cargo space.
#2. 360 Camera
The Pathfinder, like many newer vehicles, has a built-in back up camera. What takes this vehicle one step further is the 360 degree camera. I was able to literally see 360 degrees around the vehicle as I backed up and even when I parked (because driving a vehicle double the size I normally do made me nervous about being in between the lines!). The back up camera also showed me the track that my tires would take while I backed up so I could be forewarned that I might hit something if I kept going.
#3. Blindspot indicators
SUVs are notorious for their blindspots. The Pathfinder has built in blindspot indicators that flashed when there was something in the blindspot area and then beeped (a lot) if I was close to hitting something.
- A GPS system was built in to the radio area along with other features, such as checking out the weather and traffic in the area.
- Auto-adjusting seats. Set it and forget it. This is an awesome feature that allows for multiple people to set their seat settings which would auto adjust when you in get in.
- Heated and cooled front seats and heated 2nd row seats. Need I say more?? Yes – heated steering wheel! Not necessary for the beautiful weather we had the weekend we test drove it, but definitely an awesome feature for our Iowa seasons.
#5. Additional Conveniences
- Easily adjustable seats: The seats were super easy to adjust. I was able to adjust the seat with one hand while helping my oldest crawl to the back seat.
- Conveniently located USB port: The USB port in my current car is right by the radio so my phone sits in the cup holder. In the Pathfinder it is tucked in the center counsel area. I loved the placement because it put my phone out of sight, while still being able to use it. The steering wheel had controls that allowed me to control volume and song selection.
- Keyless start: In fact, there is no key at all. Only a keyfob. This made getting in the car super easy – I just needed to be near and I pushed a button on the car door and it unlocked. It was the same with starting the car – just had to have the key in the car and pushed the button.
Our Thoughts After Test-Driving:
Nissan’s Vehicle Purchasing Tips for Women and Moms has been super helpful in the decision-making process. They offer helpful resources such as things for your family to consider, ways to get the most “bang for your buck”, and tips on test driving vehicles.
Connect With Hummel’s Nissan
Hummel’s Nissan is located at 4770 Merle Hay Road in Des Moines, IA 50322. Stop by during their convenient showroom hours 6 days a week and experience the Hummel’s difference.
Disclaimer: Hummel’s Nissan provided me with the Nissan Pathfinder to test drive. While this post was sponsored by Hummel’s Nissan, all opinions expressed are my own.