Hi! I’m Rachel. Also known as Mommy, Babe, or Sis. I am an adoring wife to my hubby of 6 years and a proud mama to our 3 little cuties: Cadence, born December of 2004; Liliana, born April of 2007 and Drake, born May of 2012.
While I feel confident in all things pink and frilly, the addition of blue has been a welcomed change. So far, there isn’t much of a difference. However, we are excited to be taken over by all things “boy” in the years to come!
My husband, Dathan, and I are originally from the countryside of NW Iowa. College and career has brought us to Des Moines and we love the big city. We love the abundant opportunities to get out there and do something. Our weekends include the Farmers’ Market downtown, a trip to Whole Foods and sometimes ends with ice cream at Heavenly Delights in Grimes. We usually try to make it to a park in the area too.
I am blessed to have the title of “Stay at Home Mom and Wife”. I spend my days with my son, volunteering at the girls’ school, cooking, baking, cleaning, praying, scheduling play dates, getting groceries, doing laundry, blogging and filling love tanks. I blog about the sweetness of my life at My Spoonful of Sugar.
Blogging was not even on my radar until early this year when I decided that an online journal of our lives was exactly what I needed to do. It not only gives me a record of the memories we make, but it also gives family and friends a chance to see what we are up to. Being a part of Des Moines Moms Blog is such an exciting journey for me! Not only to stretch me as a mom, writer and friend; but also to help me meet new friends, gain more wisdom and to challenge me to get out there and do more in this great city. I am so blessed by the women around me that are on this journey too.
Meet Katie C.
- I am the oldest of 3 girls. I love having sisters!
- I have been stung by jellyfish 3 separate times. This is very strange since I live in Iowa and have only been to the ocean a handful of times. I’m taking this as a sign that jellyfish hate my guts.
- Growing up, I always pictured myself as a mom to girls but God had other plans! I love being a boy mom and take great pride and responsibility in raising my boys to be good men.
- I love blogs! I have been writing at my own personal blog, Sassy Silly Spunky Momma, for over 4 years. If you have a blog leave the url below so I can swing by and say ‘hi’!
- My seven month old, Charlie, makes me want to have a hundred more babies. He is pure sweetness and such a happy, smiley, giggly boy.
- I am addicted to chapstick. I can be found with a tube of Burt’s Bees in my hand about 20 times a day.
- I love lazy mornings in my pj’s playing with my boys with a hot cup of coffee in my hand.
- Date nights with my husband are my favorite, but it is not always possible to get a babysitter and go out, so we have at home dates. We put the kids to bed, make a nice meal, pour a glass of wine and cuddle up with a movie.
- I talk to my Mom almost every day and see her at least once a week.
- My three year-old, Drake, is obsessed with Superheroes. It is not uncommon to find me running around my house in a Spiderman mask or answering to the name Captain America.
I am so excited to be part of the Des Moines Moms Blog team! I hope I get the chance to meet you at a future playdate or a Mom’s Night Out
Meet Katie E.
Hello, Des Moines Moms Blog readers!! My name is Katie Evans. I am really looking forward to getting to know each of you! With that said, let me introduce you to my family and tell you a little bit about myself! Meet my hubby, Jon, and my kiddos Hallie, Harper and Bowen (pictured below)!
Here are a few random facts about me!
- I am competitive.
- I am an open book and wear my emotions on my sleeve.
- I love cooking and baking.
- I thoroughly enjoy thrift stores.
- I really enjoy wining and dining with friends.
- I love long baths accompanied by a good book or magazine.
- If you haven’t watched Downton Abbey, you should. I am obsessed!
- I am a sucker for Twilight and the Hunger Games too!
- I love girl time in any form.
- I am practical.
- I love giving birth! It is such a miracle and leaves me in awe each time.
- Speaking of miracles…I love Jesus with all my heart.
- If you come to my house now, and then again in 5 years…it will hopefully look completely different. Hubby and I love DIY and house projects!!
- I am the second of 4 girls.
- I love a good pair of cowboy boots.
- Almost all of my immediate and extended family lives within a 20 mile radius. Our family get-togethers are always a highlight for me!
- My husband won me over by strumming a guitar and writing songs for me.
- I hope to be well-traveled someday.
- I dream of living on a farm but don’t think I would last long without Target in close reach!
- I love taking pictures!
Well, there you have it! A snippet of Katie E.!