This featured post highlights local mama-owned business Serenity by Ashley — specializing in Therapeutic and Pre/Post Natal Massage in Clive (IA).
We were so blessed to have Ashley at our Bloom New & Expecting Moms Event this fall! Numerous mamas got to take advantage of a much-needed massage during the event, and we’re so grateful for Ashley’s time and energy spoiling us that morning!
About Serenity by Ashley
Serenity by Ashley is owned by Ashley Roen, a local mom and business owner. Ashley is a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) and studied Massage Therapy at Body Wisdom Massage Therapy School in Urbandale, Iowa.
Ashley shares, “My favorite thing to do outside of massage is spend time with my family. I have a beautiful daughter (3 1/2), handsome son (1), and another daughter on the way (February) who I am more than lucky to be able to stay home with during the day, so I can work in the evenings. I also enjoy playing the piano and singing any chance I can get! I am a member of the West Des Moines Community Band and Des Moines Choral Society and enjoy practicing and performing with them. Lastly, I have two dogs, Lhasa Apso/Shih Tzu mix (8) and a Miniature Schnauzer (5) that we love very much!
Ashley’s goal is to help you start your healing process and feel better long term. Each time you come in, Ashley spends time understanding what you need help with and she personalizes the massage accordingly. She asks questions at the beginning to guide her in making your experience the best it can be.
Even though I have seen her multiple times, Ashley always takes time to explain to me where my problem areas were, why they were likely that way, and what I need to do to alleviate those things. I have always appreciated her suggestions for better ways to nurse, hold my baby, and even sleep. She is a wealth of knowledge and information.
Ashley helps her clients focus on a life of healthy living through a variety of therapeutic services. Her services include but are not limited to
Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into
- Decreased anxiety
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation
- Reduced fatigue
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow — the body’s natural defense system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ — the skin
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins — amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
Connect with Serenity by Ashley
Serenity by Ashley is located at 1349 NW 121st Street, Suite 200, Clive, Iowa 50325. (Located inside Hassel Family Chiropractic & Wellness Center.)
Disclaimer: Des Moines Moms Blog received massage services at our New & Expecting Moms Event in September in exchange for writing this post. However, all opinions expressed are my own.