Our team of moms inspire, encourage, support, inform, and simply share this journey of motherhood we’re all navigating together. We are moms of all ages, with kids in every stage, who have a mission and passion to connect moms in our community on and offline.
Join the events team
Event Team members are volunteer positions…but there are some really fun perks in exchange for your time and energy.
What You GIVE…
- Your passion for moms, kids, and the greater Des Moines area
- Your unique, fun, and transparent perspective
- Reliability, team-spirit, flexibility, and a great attitude
- Your presence at DMMB events and outings
- Your passions, talents, and skills
- Availability for team meetings and events
- One year commitment, beginning April 2019
What You GET…
- New connections, new friendships, and an amazing experience!
- Your name, professional headshot, and profile included on our Events Team Member page
- Social and direct networking with a huge community of moms (and kids) in Central Iowa
- VIP Early Access to DMMB events plus free admission
- Community recognition
- A chance to utilize your personal and professional skill sets
- Team meetings at local venues and invitations to other special events
- Access to our Team Facebook groups and other internal communications and resources
Where do you fit in?
- See a description of the position below for duties and requirements.
- Fill out the questionnaire at the bottom of the post.
- See “How to apply” section under each role for additional requirements.
Deadline to receive an application and all additional materials is Monday, April 8 at 11 p.m. (CST)
Event Team Member
We are looking for a few moms to help assist the Event Coordinator and the co-owners with the planning and execution of our larger quarterly events and smaller events we hold each year.
- Along with co-owners and Event Coordinator, serve as point of contact for Des Moines Moms Blog events
- Solicit swag and giveaway partners for events via phone, email and social media, continually brainstorming and pursuing new partners
- Help with setup of event, execution of event, and tear down of event as directed by co-owners and Event Coordinator
- Brainstorm new ideas for Des Moines Moms Blog events
- Respond to emails in a timely manner (48 hours)
- Represent Des Moines Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Impeccable attention to detail, organized, and creative
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
- Being a part of the Event Committee gets you a free ticket to all our events and a swag bag (if applicable)!!
Write a guest post
Are you a local mom who loves to write and has a unique perspective on parenting to share? We’d love to hear from you!
Our goal is to share perspectives from a wide variety of moms, families, and parenting styles. Des Moines is full of different cultures, ethnicities, lifestyles, and racial backgrounds. We want our content to represent the many voices of our community. and we would love to continue to build a team that echoes the diversity of our community. We are looking for posts about but not limited to:
- Moms of all walks of life: biological, adoptive, foster, moms of multiples, moms of blended families, bi-racial families
- Women with a sense of humor and zest for life who don’t tend to take themselves too seriously
- Moms of children of all ages, from infants to college-age
Fill out the questionnaire below and please send a brief overview of the topic you are interested in writing about to [email protected] Here are our guidelines for guest posts:
- posts are typically 400-800 words and must be original to Des Moines Moms Blog and not published elsewhere
- posts may include 2-5 pictures that we will include at our discretion
- a 100-word bio, may include link(s) to personal website and/or social media profile(s) if desired
- a headshot to be included with your bio
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the Questionnaire below
- Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line of “Event Committee/Guest Writer” and tell us why you want to be considered
This form MUST be completed in order to be considered for any positions listed above. See “How to Apply” Section for specifics.