We are thrilled to announce our 4th annual
Family Fun Day
Saturday, September 21
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Who: All Des Moines Metro families!
What: A morning of fun for the whole family. Tickets are all-inclusive and include all activities, snacks, a goody bag for each child ticket, and access to all giveaways as part of our raffle.
When: Saturday, September 21st 9 a.m. – noon
Where: Centennial Park, 1255 Warrior Lane, Waukee, IA 50263
- Adults and children: ONLY $5 per ticket
- Under 2 years old: Free (please note, this ticket does not include a goody bag. If you would like your child to have these things, please purchase them a child ticket.)
All tickets include the following:
- Access to the event and all activities
- Food, drinks, and dessert samples
- A goody bag loaded with goodies (1 per child ticket purchased)
See all the fun from last year’s event here.
Get your tickets today!
Unity Point Health Des Moines provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Des Moines and Central Iowa.
Unity Point Health is led by nearly 290 physicians and providers working in more than 50 UnityPoint Clinic locations. They are supported by their state-of-the-art UnityPoint Health – Des Moines hospitals – Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Blank Children’s Hospital, and Methodist West Hospital – and cancer center along with home health care services, UnityPoint at Home.
New Horizon Academy
New Horizon Academy is a family-owned and operated company that has been providing high-quality care and education to young children for more than 45 years. While focusing on developing a healthy sense of self in each child, New Horizon Academy also strives to provide your child with the necessary skills to succeed not only in school but in life.
The Science Center of Iowa
The Science Center of Iowa is a great place for young explorers to imagine, experiment and play! Catch science in action in When Things Get Moving, meet Iowa’s native cold-blooded critters in What On Earth?, or make a splash in Bubble Bay. With hands-on exhibits, live science programs, and a 50-foot planetarium, there’s always more to explore!
Food & Drink Partners
Thelma’s uses a grassroots approach to build popularity the old-fashioned way – they hustle, introduce treats to taste buds and let the “yums” do the talking. They’ve shared their delicious handmade treats at festivals, weddings, and unique promotional events. Fans love that each bite is a fun, sweet treat, jam-packed with handmade goodness – just like a trip to grandma’s house. Thelma’s will be providing mini ice cream sandwiches to attendees!
Caribou Coffee will be providing coffee and bagels! They are located at 11985 Hickman Road, Urbandale, IA is a premium coffeehouse featuring high quality, handcrafted beverages and food. At their Urbandale location they serve expertly roasted coffee blends & espressos and our handcrafted beverages, such as mochas and lattes, are created using only the best ingredients. Their food offerings include a variety of premium breakfast sandwiches, baked goods and snacks to fuel life’s adventures.
They got together to make your morning that much better!
Iowa Orchard is providing fresh, delicious apples to attendees. They offer fresh produce such as apples, peaches, nectarines, strawberries, and sweet corn. Their bakery serves homemade pies, banana bread, pumpkin bread, cookies, turnovers, coffee cake, and apple crisp. They are known for our apple cider, caramel apples, fudge, and honey. Bring the family out to the orchard for fun activities and tours throughout the season.
Miss NiNi’s Fine Desserts
Miss NiNi developed a passion for baking in her youth. Over the years, that passion has done nothing but intensify, leading to the rebranding of Encore Desserts as Miss NiNi’s Fine Desserts. Miss Nini’s will be providing dessert bread samples to attendees.
Crystal Clear Bottled Water is a locally owned and operated business proudly serving Des Moines since 1975. Every day, Crystal Clear provides delivery of pure, safe bottled water and coffee products to customers across Iowa. And, water treatment systems provide quality water for home and office every day.
Serving West Des Moines, Clive, Grimes, Granger, Ankeny, Altoona, Pleasant Hill, and Indianola from the Des Moines location and serving many other cities in Iowa through one of their distributors.
Northern Lights on Westown Parkway will be providing breakfast pizza for attendees! Northern Lights began in Clive in 1994, since then they have expanded in the metro and over multiplestates! This company brings high quality ingredients to some delicious pizza.
She is a wife, a mother , and owner of Facepainting by Lisa M. Lisa is a lover of music, art & people, and she especially adores children. Face painting combines her love of art and children all in one. She uses her own original designs, while listening to some of the greatest stories told by children while they have their faces painted. Her style is unique and she’s always willing to try new things! Make sure to stop by for your one of a kind design!
Tiger-Rock Martial Arts
Tiger-Rock Martial Arts is the nation’s leading martial arts programs with over 120 academies nationwide in 35 states. Their academies offer a national curriculum, national recognition of rank and competition opportunities at the local, regional and national level. Their students develop their physical performance abilities to increase speed, power, range, accuracy, balance and reaction, all while developing real-world self-defense skills.
At Tiger-Rock, they believe that success is first learned, then earned. They believe in training for our journey both as a martial artist and a citizen. Tiger-Rock will be at the event with their Instant Ninja obstacle course!
Unity Point Health-Fire Safety House and Life Flight
The Fire Safety House offers hands-on learning to prepare children for the unexpected and frightening experience of a fire. In addition to teaching children about fire safety, the house can also be used to train children about what to do in severe weather such as thunderstorms and tornadoes.
Since 1979 LifeFlight has been providing quality, rapid air transport for critically-ill and injured patients. The ability to stabilize and transport patients as quickly as possible is critical, which is why LifeFlight and its crew can be instrumental during life-threatening situations. LifeFlight was the first air ambulance service in central Iowa and since that time has continued to grow and specialize in order to provide the most experienced and specialized care available for our community. Come check out the helicopter land during the event!!
There will be a variety of vendors for everyone to check out. All table vendors will have kid-friendly activities, games or treats. Everyone will have something fun to do!
Swag Bag Partners
Earl May is celebrating 100 Years of being family own, Iowa grown, and the lawn, garden, and landscape experts of the Midwest. They will be providing the bags for swag bag!
Swag and Giveaway Partners
Opportunity to Give Back & Win a Giveaway!
Every child ticket also comes with a goody bag. Children will have a chance to visit vendor tables and fill their goody bags with items from our wonderful partners!
Who doesn’t love to win amazing prizes? We have an awesome lineup of giveaways thanks to our fabulous partners!
We are excited to partner with Blank Children’s Hospital UnityPoint Health to give you an opportunity to give back. Blank Children’s Hospital receives requests from individuals and groups in the community wanting to know how they can help children who are in the hospital. The child life specialists have a list of items that are always in demand to help the various ages of children they serve.
For each donation item from the list below that you bring, you will receive ONE raffle ticket (up to 5 items). The more you donate, the better your chances of winning – it’s that simple! We hope you will participate in this important initiative of giving back to children in need for a chance to win one of these prizes.
- All items must be new.
- We cannot accept stuffed animals (new or used) due to infection control policies
- All food items must be pre-packaged. (snacks for parents)
Check out their Amazon wish list here!
Items in immediate need of:
- Spanish books (both board & paperback books)
- Fisher Price Doctor Kits
- Wedding bubble wands
- New Board books for NICU book programs
- Fleece Blankets 3 ft. by 3 ft
- New books ( for parents to read to babies) Here are some suggestions:
- I Love You Because You’re You – by Liz Baker
- Close Your Eyes – by Kate Banks
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See – by Eric Carle
- Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You are – by Dr. Seuss
- Horton Hears a Who! – by Dr. Seuss
- Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site – by Duskey Rinker
- And Here’s to you – by David Elliott
- Daddy Hugs – by Karen Katz
- Ten Tiny Hugs – by Karen Krantz
- Oh the Places you’ll go – by Dr Seuss
- The Moment you were born – by Sandra Lane
- The Little Engine That Could – by Watty Piper
- Sibling books:
- I’m a Big Sister/Brother
- My sister is a Preemie
- My Brother is a Preemie
- Waiting for Emma: A Brother’
- White onesies preemie/newborn sizes
- Preferred Crib Mobile: https://morethanplay.com/product/nurture-smart-mobile/
- Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Double Feature Mirror
- Newborn Baby Manhattan Winkel Rattle & Sensory teether activity ring
- Black, White, & Red infant-stim clip high contrast flash cards
- Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother
- Little People figures
- B. Ballyhoo Ball
- Baby Clemmy Soft Blocks
- Smart Noggin NogginStik Light-up rattle
- Infantino Flip & Peek Fun Phone
- Vtech Touch & Swipe baby phone
- Infantino Squeeze & Stack blocks
- Knobby Super Chew
- Character toys (all hard-bodied/washable), such as Elmo/Mickey/Minnie
- Soft Dinosaurs
- Baby Dolls with washable hard plastic bodies and accessories
- X-Box One games
- Magna Tiles
- Lego people/figures
- Small Lego Kits (approx. 300 pieces or less)
- Fisher-Price doll house furniture & dolls
- New Release DVD’s
- $5.00 Gift cards (Target, Google Play, Amazon, Casey’s, Walmart, Subway, etc.)
- X-Box One games
- New Release DVD’s PG and PG-13
- Flashing Panda Meteor Storm
- Toysmith 9” Cosmic Ray Wand
- Water Beads
- Nowstalgic Magical Hippie Sticks
- Darice Embossing Multi-Purpose heat tool
- Ranger Embossing Powder: Liquid Platinum, Copper
- Ranger Emboss It Clear Embossing Ink Pad
- The Invisible String
- Something Happened: A book for children & parents who have experienced pregnancy loss
- Waiting for Emma: A brother’s story
- My Brother/Sister is a preemie
- Waiting for baby: A sibling visits the NICU
- Lifetimes: The beautiful way to explain death to children
- Waddle: A Scanimation picture book
- Gallop!: A Scanimation picture book
- A Country Far Away
- The Shots Book: A little brother’s superhero tale
Ivory House Photography does their best to create an environment that fosters authenticity and confidence. They believe strongly in allowing their clients to feel vulnerable enough to let their true selves shine through in their photos. Not only are they devoted to a high level of service during your session, but they also hope to earn the trust of our clients with prompt responses, flexibility, accommodation, and a quick product turnaround time. Recently, they have started doing mini children’s sessions!
>> Buy Your Tickets Today! <<
*This event is geared towards children 2-12 years old, however we will have a few activities that little ones may enjoy. If bringing a stroller, please make sure that it is able to be used easily on grass.
*This event will happen rain or shine.