We invite you to join us not only for this upcoming amazing family event, but to support something so important to our community families. Blank Children’s Hospital holds a sacred place in our hearts as our daughter, Clare was born at 29 weeks and Blank was home to us for her first 40 days! We know many of you have also experienced Blank whether your kiddos were preemies or require ongoing health care.
About the Festival of Trees and Lights
The Festival of Trees & Lights is a five-day public event that is the main fundraiser for Blank Children’s Hospital. The event features beautifully decorated trees, entertainment, children’s activities, food, shopping and more! We invite your family to join us for some holiday fun and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Your attendance means you are supporting valuable programs at Blank Children’s Hospital. Programs that would not be possible without the generous support of our community. The Festival of Trees & Lights benefits two vital programs at Blank Children’s Hospital – Child Life and Advocacy & Outreach.
The Festival of Trees is November 26-30, 2014 with events and attractions throughout.
Wednesday, November 26: 11 am – 7pm
Thursday, November 27: 1pm – 7pm
Friday, November 28: 11 am – 7pm
Saturday, November 29: 11 am – 7pm
Sunday, November 30: 11 am – 5pm
Veteran’s Memorial Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center is located at 833 5th Street, Des Moines. Map, Directions & Parking info here.
$5 at event
$3 advanced tickets available at local Hy-Vee and Dahl’s stores as well as UnityPoint Health – Des Moines hospital gift shops and online here.
Children 2 & Younger: Free
- Beautifully decorated large trees
- Neighborhood trees – available through silent auction
- Food – an assortment of food and bakery items are available for you to enjoy while at Festival or take home for a special treat
- Entertainment – music and dance groups from across the community entertain Festival attendees
- Children’s activities – from ornament making and Spin the Wheel to Lego build station and cookie decorating, there are plenty of activities to keep the little ones entertained. Each child who brings a new children’s book to donate to the Book Forest will receive one free ticket to the children’s activities. All books are then given to patients at Blank Children’s.
- Train – little ones LOVE to ride the Festival train
- Santa – Santa is always a favorite for people of all ages. Families are invited to take their own photos with Santa
Festival After Dark
Wed., Nov. 26 – 6 :30 to 8:30 p.m.
This special after-hours event is for individuals age 21 and older, featuring entertainment, drinks and snacks. Cost is $15 per person, which includes one drink ticket. Tickets can be purchased at the door or online by clicking here.
Festival Family Flick
Fri., Nov. 28 – 6 to 8 p.m.
This new family event will show the holiday movie “Elf” on the big screen! Attendees will receive free popcorn during the movie. No pre-registration required. No additional cost – just regular admission to Festival is required. Come ready to laugh and celebrate the holiday season!
Join in the fun by volunteering to be a part of this wonderful holiday tradition. Festival volunteers are hard-working, passionate and full of energy. Each year, hundreds of volunteers give of their time and talents to make Festival come to life. We invite you to volunteer this year and join in the fun!
To view our volunteer positions, shifts and to sign-up, click here. You will be redirected to Volunteer Local.
We can’t wait to see your family there!