10 Dollar Store Finds
Here are ten things I love to buy at the dollar store that save me money and sanity.
1. Party Supplies: There is no reason to spend a ton on party supplies, especially disposable tableware! Anytime I have a party, the dollar store is my first stop. They have plates, cups, napkins, and plastic table cloths in most solid colors, all for a buck! Even if I am doing a themed party, I will stick with the theme for the cake and a few small decor items and use solid colored disposable items for the rest. They also have packages of balloons and streamers.
2. Cards: I know it is nice to buy pretty cards, but if I’m buying a card, most of the time I will find one at the dollar store (most of their cards are 2 for $1) and customize it with a hand-written note. They also have packs of thank you cards and blank note cards.
3. Picture Frames: If I need a quick picture frame for something, they have quite a few. Though they aren’t the highest quality, they work in a pinch!
4. Headphones: I’m a middle school teacher, and sometimes we do activities that require headphones. The dollar store has sets for just a buck, and they’re usually fun colors. I always keep a few pairs in my desk for students who forgot theirs or can’t afford their own.
5. Hand Sanitizer: I feel like most hand santizers are the same. I bought some at the dollar store for my son’s classroom when the teacher was asking for it and I’ve also purchased some for my classroom.
6. Glue: Super glue to be exact. I have a son who is a maker, and super glue is his glue of choice. He goes through it like water, so stocking up at the dollar store is key.
9. Bubbles and Play Dough: My kids go through bubbles like mad in the spring and summer, and the dollar store has big containers for a buck! They also have play doh (usually off brand, but sometimes name brand) that I snatch up as well because my kids are notorious for leaving the lids off of their play dough, so we go through it quickly.
10. All the Random Things: Now, I know that isn’t really a category, but really. Last time I was there I found pretty placemats. I have found makeup brushes, packing tape, bubble mailers, poster board, and the list could go on and on.
Basically, go check out your dollar store. Know the basics of what is there and it can save you a ton!