Do you make a Des Moines summer bucket list? It’s not too late to make one.
School is out, the pools are open, and the mosquitos are out in full force! My family LOVES the carefree summer season and so we always brainstorm at the beginning of the season all the things we want to try to fit in before school starts again. From little to big, we think of it all!
First, everyone makes their own list and then we compile them to make one big list from there!
Des Moines Summer Bucket List
Here is our family’s bucket list this year! I hope you get some fun ideas from it. There is SO much more to do in DSM that is free and fun for the family that we haven’t even added. Also, remember- it doesn’t have to be an outing or expensive- it can be simple things you find to do at home! In my opinion, these are the very best bucket list ideas.
- Go to the pool (we especially love Holiday Aquatic and Valley View Aquatic Center in West Des Moines)
- Blank Park Zoo
- Go to the library (We love visiting our local library but haven’t ventured to the Central Library downtown or the other metro libraries, it’s on our bucket list this year!!
- Art Center- Did you know this is a free activity? They give the kids a packet to work on as you work your way through. We love stopping at the Rose Garden, after too!
- Historical Building- my oldest went on a field trip here and really loved it, and so she wanted to add it to our list this summer, too!
- Living History Farms
- Glazed Expressions
- Ledges State Park
- Jester Park (love the natural playscape here!)
- Raccoon River Park and Beach
- Adventureland Resort
- Bike rides (explore the several trails in DSM)
- Strawberry picking
- Science Center
- Drive-in movie theatre
- Visit Daddy at work
- Stay up late
- Make friendship bracelets
- Make smoothies
- Baking day
- Camp in the yard
What’s on YOUR bucket list this year?! I’d love to hear!