Our family loves so much about Costco! Our main reasons for going there are for their grocery items, but we also use their photo printing for photos and canvases, business printing services, and travel options. I like to do Sunday meal prepping as well as freezer meals, so buying in bulk helps me save time (and money).
Our go-to Costco groceries include: organic chicken, organic beef, eggs, peppers, super greens mix, bacon, apples or other fruit, frozen mangoes, frozen green beans or broccoli, raw tortilla shells you cook at home (these are the best!), cheese, and whatever sample is being offered.
Tips and Tricks for Shopping at Costco
We’ve been members at Costco many years. Here are some of my personal hints for maximizing your Costco shopping experience.
- Read the flyer in the mail. I look for things we typically use and grab them when they are on sale. This is great for things like freezer bags, paper towels, toilet paper, and light bulbs.
- Shop during the weekday afternoons. It is less crowded during this time, and lines for samples and checkouts are quicker.
- Consider foods that can be frozen like butter, veggies, and meats. For example, we’ve found that purchasing a lot of butter at once and freezing it saves money in the long run.
- Have a holiday coming up where you need a gift? Check out their non-food items. We’ve found some great deals on unique gifts like floor pillows, toy sets, kitchen items, gloves, and more.
- You can also buy gift certificates at great prices for movies and restaurants!
Favorite Things About the Store
Did you know you can return just about anything to Costco for any reason? I’ve had to return some peppers before and they were great about replacing my one bad pepper with a new package of six bell peppers. They have great customer service!
I also love that my kids enjoy shopping there. Of course there are the samples, but they also like to be a part of the shopping experience. They like to see what “good deals” there are on snacks and enjoy picking out some items.
However, I think our favorite part of Costco is the large selection of organic foods. This is why we continue to get a membership each year because we like the quality of foods available.
Why We Recommend a Costco Membership
If you are a large family or a family that can handle bulk shopping, I highly recommend shopping here for groceries. We definitely save time and money when we carefully shop here. We also love the selection and quality of food items.