We have reached the season of everything pumpkin: pumpkin bars, bread, pies, lattes, etc.
I’ll admit, the second the weather turns cool or I see a leaf turn yellow, I pull out my go-to recipe for pumpkin bars. They have become so popular that I make them for any and every get together in the fall.
Once I find a recipe my family loves, it gets the label of “Betsy’s Best.” So give my Betsy’s Best pumpkin bars a try, and let me know what you think.
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 C sugar
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
PUMPKIN BAR DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set out cream cheese and butter to soften.
- Using mixer at medium speed, combine eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread batter into greased 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Frost bars evenly.