When it comes to weight loss fiber is KING helping you drop pounds while actually eating and feeling satisfied. Who knew you could eat lots of food and still lose weight!? To get the most out of all the benefits of fiber, you should aim for at least 25 grams per day.
Diet culture has made us think being hungry all the time is how we lose weight, but how miserable is that?
If you want to lose weight, feel satisfied, and still EAT lots of food, aim for fiber-rich foods like beans, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. They’re naturally fewer in calories and full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals that will make you feel GOOD while losing weight.
Here are my top 5 reasons to love fiber:
1. Fiber adds bulk to your food without the added calories. We can’t digest fiber so you get to add bulk but don’t absorb the calories!
2. Fiber is satiating. It acts as an appetite control and keeps you full and satisfied longer.
3. Fiber controls your blood sugar levels. So you’ll have more energy because your blood sugar levels are stable.
4. Fiber blocks fat. Fiber has been shown to block fat because it forms a gel and you don’t absorb all the calories.
5. Fiber prevents your body from absorbing calories. Fiber-rich foods create a gel that surrounds food as it passes through the intestine and our bodies are unable to absorb fiber so we absorb fewer calories because of the food fiber traps.
If your goal is losing weight, or if you just want to feel GOOD and reduce inflammation in your body, make sure to add fiber to your routine.